Ginger Simple Syrup
It’s cold–is that the weather or is that Capricorn season? Capricorn, a mutable earth sign, is the 10th sign on the astrological calendar and one cool customer. Capricorns are often labeled as serious, snobby, or overly self-controlled, even though they are also known to be quite seductive. Regardless, Capricorns don’t care at all what you think; achievers keep achieving, they might say. Capricorns are successful AF (sometimes monetarily so) and are often the emotional rock for their friends, lovers, and coworkers at their Fortune 500 companies. Capricorns are a classic earth sign, and they need to both warm up and chill out. This cocktail, a play on an Old Fashioned, works well as an after work drink or if you’re a Capricorn, seducing your crush. The ginger simple syrup plays to Capricorn’s low key sensual side and the bourbon speaks to their serious, stable side. So, Capricorns, loosen your ties, kick off your heels, and enjoy a cocktail while you stack your cash.
For the ginger simple syrup
- Bring ginger, water, and sugar to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce to low heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain out ginger slices and cool to room temperature.
For the cocktail
- In a Old Fashioned glass (or a short glass), gently stir 1 oz ginger simple syrup, 2 oz bourbon, and Angostura bitters.
- Add one or two large ice cubes and stir rapidly.
- Garish with an orange slice and lemon peel.