Happy Astrological New Year! And holy cardial fire, it’s Aries season. Aries, is the first sign on the zodiac calendar and as a cardinal fire sign represented by the ram, you don’t get more boss than an Aries. Aries leads the zodiac calendar and an Aries will lead you too. They’re born rulers…er, leaders. Aries are notoriously assertive, impulsive, and independent. Read: do not mess with them. The Aries Rams are not a forgiving bunch. But don’t be scared, they’re also as fun as fire burning hell. What cocktail could captivate such a confident sign? Enter: El Jefe - a bossy, fun punch of rum. This warm weather cocktail will get the party started as any fiery Aries would. Oh, and if you’re trying to seduce an Aries, don’t offer them this cocktail. Make one for yourself and just ignore them. It’ll drive them crazy.
For the Grenadine
- In a small saucepan, bring pomegranate juice and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Let cool and store in the refrigerator.
For the Punch
- Combine lemon juice, lime juice, pineapple juice, orange juice and grenadine in a jar or Tupperware. Shake to combine.
- Add to a glass with the rum, stir, and add ice.
Note: feel free to play with scale–this cocktail is best served in punch bowl format. And you prefer more pineapple or lime, go for it. If you want a pinker drink, add more grenadine.