Scorpio, a fixed water sign, is the 8th sign on the astrological calendar. Possessive, obsessive, magnetic, intense, insane, sexy AF, Scorpios been called it all. Scorpios are the most misunderstood sign in the calendar. They’re secretive by nature and despite their intense magnetism, Scorpios only open up and remain loyal to only a few. Tepache, a fermented pineapple drink popular in Mexico, takes a few days to unfold its flavor. Paired with mezcal, this cocktail is warm, smoky, and really fun. Sound familiar, Scorpio?
Scorpios are notorious hopeless romantics and after one or two of these, you’ll be in love with anyone, just like a Scorpio.
For the Tepache
- Core and chop the pineapple into cubes
- Put pineapple and brown sugar in a 4 quart glass container (with lid)
- Muddle lightly with a muddler or a wooden spoon
- Add cinnamon stick and enough water to fill the container (about 6 to 8 cups)
- Seal container with the lid and let sit in a warm spot for 2 to 3 days. After a few days, the mixture should be lightly fizzy
- Strain out the pineapple and cinnamon stick and store in a mason jar
For the El Escorpion
- In a pint glass, stir together the mezcal and tepache
- Add ice and top with beer