If you don’t like anchovies, please just stop reading right now. A true, transcendent, life-altering caesar dressing can only become a reality with lots and lots of those delicious little fishes (and exactly 0% sugar, butter, milk or anything resembling something that one might find inside a bottle of Hidden Valley salad dressing). Prepare to have your mind and tastebuds officially blown.
- If you have a food processor pulse garlic, salt and anchovies together. If not, use a large cutting board and the side of a knife to create a paste.
- Scrape paste into a bowl or continue adding ingredients to the food processor
- Whisk in Dijon, egg yolks and juice of 1.5 lemons
- Slowly drizzle in Extra Virgin Olive Oil first followed by vegetable oil, whisking constantly or with processor running, until dressing is thick and glossy
- Add parmesan, lots of black pepper and more salt to taste
**Add in more lemon juice or Dijon to taste
Layer on top of torn or grilled romaine hearts with cherry tomatoes, shaved parmesan, black pepper and a crumble of rye or sourdough crackers.